How is August almost over?

August has been nasty this year. Extreme heat indexes, and almost zero rain. On one hand I am ready to kiss it goodbye and on the other, I am still trying to plant pretties.
The sweet autumn Clematis has started blooming, a few New Dawn roses are still hanging around
The Limelight hydrangea finally bloomed. It has been planted about 3 years but has just sat there. I was thinking about moving it this fall but guess I will leave it alone.
The sweet autumn Clematis smells so good in the evenings.
Purple hyacinth bean vine is one of those plants I love but had completely forgot about until I saw it at a little farm stand, we visited this summer. I am saving seeds with plans to put them along the fence line and at the swing arbor.
Gaura 'Whirling Butterflies' I have had one or two Gaura plants forever in my flowerbeds, but this year I decided to add the white into every bed. This bed got about 15 all the way around it. It is so whimsical in the mornings it looks like the bees are dancing in the flowers.

Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them. Click the YOU TUBE logo on the bottom right of any video to watch in full screen on You Tube Channel.





