I have been collecting recipes and cookbooks since 8th grade Home Economics.
Our project for that class was to create a collection of recipes. I did a box, which I still have and every blue moon I pull it out and look through it.
I have a million clippings out of magazines and newspapers.
Even did a cookbook subscription one year that would send one or two books each month.
I would pick up cooking magazines every time I went to the grocery store as a young bride.
Every one of them have turned down corners, pieces of toilet paper, paper towels
or a paper clip marking a recipe that I couldn't wait to try!
Local community cookbooks are my favorite.
I love thumbing through and seeing someone I knows name along with a recipe I remember them making.
And let's not even talk about when the internet came along and I started saving them in emails and bookmarking websites. I have recipes stashed everywhere!
Do we even mention Pinterest and Instagram!
My favorite cookbook find was after my mother-in-law passed, I found her mother's collection of recipes that she had put into a scrapbook some are handwritten, typed or just clippings that she placed in it. I have tried to find a date on it, but I can't. The closes I can come is a Ball recipe dated 1942 tucked inside of the scraped book.
Over the years I have given away a lot of books, and I am now down to the ones that have more of a sentimental value. Every year I think I am going to go through them and try some of the recipes that I have flagged over the years, but I don't seem to ever do it.
Maybe this year I will try some and share them here.
enjoy, Cherry
Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them.
Click the YOU TUBE logo on the bottom right of any video to watch in full screen on You Tube Channel.



