Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them

Saturday, January 31, 2026

Simply sandwich bread~ Recipe Collection series



My first loaf of sandwich bread.
I followed Sally’s Baking
The only thing I changed was I used honey & a little brown sugar instead of white sugar.
She got a little top heavy but tasted yummy.
It will be perfect with this big pot of broccoli cheddar soup on this snowy evening.
(that sounds a little funny to say)
But yes, it started snowing this afternoon and it turned into a pretty good covering.

Notes for the next try at the sandwich bread ~ While the bread had a great flavor and was easy to come together. It was heavy and seemed to be too much for the 9"x5" that the recipe called for. The top pretty much crushed down on to the body of the bread from the weight once I removed it from the pan. Not sure if it was something I did or did not do properly but I will defiantly be trying this recipe again.




Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them. Click the YOU TUBE logo on the bottom right of any video to watch in full screen on You Tube Channel.