Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them

Sunday, January 25, 2026

Buttermilk quiche on a cold Sunday morning

If you make quiche, I highly recommend changing out your milk/half and half or heavy cream for buttermilk. This is the best one I have ever had. The tang from the buttermilk really adds to the flavor.


1 unbaked pie shell

3 to 4 oz of cream cheese soften and mixed with shredded cheese
I used maybe a cup and a half of gouda cheese
chopped broccoli and 3 to 4 pieces of crispy bacon broken into small pieces.
I place all of this into the pie shell then I pour the 4 eggs beaten along with
one and a half cups of whole buttermilk on top and bake 325 until a butter knife 
comes out mostly clean.

Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them. Click the YOU TUBE logo on the bottom right of any video to watch in full screen on You Tube Channel.