Images in post may be enlarged by clicking on them

Monday, July 1, 2024

Hello July and hello beautiful!


Every year when these pink ornamental lilies would bloom the first thing my momma would do when I visited is make me go see them, she loved her lily's, and she had lots of pretty ones, but there was something about this one that she loved showing off.
 
Lord how I miss our walks around her yard and her showing me all of her flowers. 
I have been looking for this lily since momma passed. Last year my sister had some of this lily bloom at her home which is our childhood home and man was I jealous. 
Before momma passed, she made me promise to bring all of her potted flowers to my home. Now, we are not talking a couple of pots. We are talking two trailer loads, plus! 

I didn't want to just take the pots apart without giving them time for everything in them to come up.
My momma would plant seeds, bulbs, plants, the peach pit from the peach she just finished eating wherever she happened to be at that moment. So, I knew to go slow.
 
My sister and I found a peach pit in one of the first pots we emptied that looked like she had just put it there. She could grow anything, and she saved seeds from everything. 

Now, here we are 2 years later and all of a sudden, I have a pot full of momma's pretty pink lilies.
It was such a surprise the day they opened. This was the last pot that I was waiting on and I thought they would be white since I had just had a few white ones open up.
To my delight I now have a pot full of momma's pink lilies and I will treasure them forever!
I do plan to plant them right where I have the pot sitting plus moving some out into the other beds soon.




My sweet momma on her last birthday. To say she was a handful is an understatement!


This is a 4 ft long tub full of bulbs from just a few of her containers. 


 This is the third time this light pink crinum lily has bloomed this spring.